[This post is mirrored from the Akamai Developer Blog]
Web site owners need to monitor the performance of their site, and measuring how long things take to load is a significant part of that. While measuring the performance of assets you own is straightforward, measuring the performance of third-party assets is not.
This brought me to an important question: How many third parties allow site owners to measure their performance?
- Solving the OPTIONS performance issue with SPAs
- A proxy for first paint and why I love Velocity
- Setting up SSL on nginx for performance and security
- The Performance Spirit
- Caching, reloading & the specs
- The non-blocking script loader pattern
- The 3.5 second dash for attention
- LogNormal Acquired By SOASTA
- Linux TCP/IP tuning for scalability
- Some stats on Accept-Encoding
- Analysing performance data
- More on updating cached copies of boomerang
- Updating cached copies of boomerang